Tuesday, January 24

Oh that's funny.....

LYnn and I have just read the funniest thing.   Maybe we'll share it with you all someday.
 
Well today wasn't too much different then any other days.   I did find out that my son, my son, likes disco music...
 
Lynn had left for a while to go to the library to pick up some books.   well, that left me to do what I usually do, and I messed around on the computer for a while.  well, Nate wanted nothing to do with it so i put in the most upbeat song that I could find in my Real Audo Player, "It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls.....
 
Humidity is rising - barometer's getting low
According to all souces, the street's the place to go
Cause tonight for the first time
Just about half-past ten
For the first time in history
I'ts gonna start raining men.
That got him quieted down.   I think I can actually say, this is one of my more favorite songs from the disco era.  it's very upbeat....   Oh, and I mentioned Gloria Gaynor in the previous post.  seems she played at a Howard Dean function.  Ugh!.
 
So, past the disco music and I went to the Y to get some cardio done.  worked the legs a bit and then did 40 minutes on the recumbant bike.  Started reading a new book I got from the Library "Book of the Dun Cow".  Can't really say what it is about right now, but it is by the same guy that wrote the book we are doing as a group study with everyone on Sunday nights.   And, yeah, the author isn't black.
 
It seems to be some kind of Christian Allegory though, using farm animals. Kind of like Orwell's Animal Farm did for communisism and stuff.   Napolean the pig.  hehehe. 
 
so far the cast of characters is a stuck up rooster, thirty hens, a weasel named Wesley, a self loathing dog and a rat?!?    And their is a Character that is supposed to be Satan and he's already tempted another rooster.   So, yeah, it's a little odd, but it's what I live for in BuckyWorld...
 
Lynn got the original Parent Trap at the library and we are watching it now.  Funny how much the remake followed it, but you can tell their are definite changing times associated with it.
 
 
Well, I need to be getting to bed.  I've got Phone Support at work tomorrow and I need to get in a little early so I can do some testing.
 
Later,

No comments: