Wednesday, March 22

fish wednesday

Well, tonight we went to Vesta's Church for a fish dinner.  it was only $5 a person and Lynn and I got to eat with Vesta and her grand kids, Brian and Judith.
It was pretty good, not the best.    But Lynn liked the price and that we didn't have to cook at home.
 
Nothing much new today.  Thought I might let you all know that I will be interviewing for a new position at Jones tomorrow.   Pretty much I will be going back to my old job again if I get it.    Talked to the New boss and she wants me, and turns out one of my better friends Scott will be interviewing me for the technical part.  At least on the COBOL side.   Gotta think of what the questions will be???
 
What are the four divisions of a COBOL program?
 
  • Identification
  • Environment
  • Data
  • Procedure
What is the difference between a COMP and a COMP-3?
  • One is a packed decimal, the other is a binary number,
Also, this job will encompass some new Java tech stuff which I have done for the past 2.5 years.
 
Probably will ask what the 4 principles of Object Oriented programming are.  Beats me.  Encapsulation, Inheritance, and something else.....
 
Oh yeah, Abstraction and Polymorphism..   Don't think I will remember all those.
 
We'll have to see how it goes I guess.
 
Nate is crying now.  Not really wanting to go down for bed just yet.  He's been doing great after his surgery.  
 
Nothing much else new.
 
Later,

No comments: