Saturday, March 24

Weekend at Grandma's

Giving Lynn a weekend to herself, Nate and I have headed up to Queen City to visit with Grandma and Grandpa. We've brought Aunt Amy and Mr. Dave with us also, so it has all been fun.

Today we got up and went to Kirksville and went to a couple of garage sales. My mom picked up Nate a three wheeler, which caused him almost to lose his feet, cause the back wheels are running over his feet. Also, it's pink. but it was cheap. So we can't complain. Maybe in a couple of months. He still needs to learn how to push himself off also. he likes to be pushed right now.

Also, we went to the Kirksville home show. It was an opportunity for us to sign up for lots of valuable prizes. I put down my mom's number also. One of the more interesting things we did at the home show was that we all ate worm's, except Nate. They were meeli worms that were deep fried. Kind of crunchy, and I think most of their innards were boiled out so it wasn't that disgusting. But it was an experience. Got the sticker to show for it.

Also spent an afternoon to sift through my grandfather's house. Learned some interesting things about anatomical structures of birds. Found a Caponizing kit and it had a picture of what they were doing in it, and I asked dad if this was a kit to clip chicken wings. He quickly corrected me. Honestly, never seen 2 chickens together, so I really never thought about it. I know that my sister did pose the question to our high school science teacher (Mr. McNabb, who we happened to see at the home show). I did find a beautiful case of coral and shells over at grandpa's and cleaned it up a bit, we'll see how much it goes for.

Gotta go, dad needs to use the computer.

Later,

No comments: