Monday, April 30

Mastadon State Park

AFter we left Suson Park today, we head South to check out Kimmswick, which is closed on Monday's. Pretty much it is a little historical town that has been overrun by Ty Beanie Baby shops. They've got some antique stuff though. Cutesy craft stuff too. Oh well.

WE stopped at a farmer's market and Nate insisted on "smelling" the flowers. His way of smelling flowers: bend over, put your face in the flowers, and BLOW! Funny. Maybe we'll teach him sometime right. He did it to me again when we went to the hardware store tonight (picked up some paint for his wagon. I've officially spent more money on trying to repair it then what I paid at the yardsale to acquire it in the first place. Hope the color matches). we then headed across I-55 to Mastadon State park, named because of the Mastadon Fossils that were found there, I think. Lynn and I took a tour 5 years ago, but I'm not sure now what the story is.

We found a cool little park area and had a picnic and Nate got to play on the playground. I'm posting the pics here again. LYnn met a woman whose husband worked for Raytheon. They had just moved back from Australia. Pretty cool. Her kid was a little rough with Nate though. I tried to keep them seperated.

Here's the pics:
Hosted by LiveDigital.com!
You can see Lynn in the background of this one and also there was a front loader that was running that Nate was fascinated by.

Hosted by LiveDigital.com!
Here's Nate crawling through a tunnel. There was a 2 year old behind him that he got along with pretty good.

Hosted by LiveDigital.com!
Nate is getting ready to go down the tube slide. He fell off a the end one time, but was okay. (Mastodon state park)

Later,

No comments: