Wednesday, August 22

Trust Nothing (unless it's God)

So, today at work, I got hit with a big whammy with the new application I implemented. There is a security technique called "trustNothing" which Jones uses. It's basically a measure where all the URLs that get passed into the app are parsed out with all their parameters and verified against a regular expression. Well, with our app, there is an option where the user can switch to a different app, and come back. App B is inserting a secret parameter into my stuff, which causes the user to loose their user authentication so they have to resign on again. Kind of a problem, actually the way it is set up, they'll never be able to get back into my application unless they close the browser.

Bummer. So tonight I need to go in and test a quick fix I've done and hopefully I can get it all resolved for tomorrow night's implementation. I'm piggy backing with some other people on this change so I should be okay with everything.

My Proj Leader also called me at home tonight and discovered that a major accessing issue was being caused by another group, big load off my shoulders....

Well, I need to head into work to test my apps changes. Will need to post more tomorrow night again, and get some more pics of Nate.

Later,

No comments: