Saturday, December 15

LetItSnow, LetItSnow, LetItSnow

Well, apparently we are in the middle of a big Weather advisory here. Supposed to get lots of snow. Oh well. On Friday, My sister and I took Nate down to the Missouri Botanical Garden so Nate could see the Gardenland Express: Wilderness Escape. It was a bunch of Train's with Poinsettas and other Christmassy flowers around them. It was pretty cool. Nate was entranced by the trains. Only more reason for me to dig out our toy train set for him to look at...

Afterwards, I took my sister out into the actual garden to see it. She's been in St. Louis for 13 years and has never been to the Botanical Garden. I told her that December is probably not the BEST time of the year to look at things. We did see lots of frostbitten flowers though.

We walked across the park to the Japanese garden and hoped to see the Koi Goldfish, but I guess they are hibernating right now. Nate did get to feed the ducks though.

Afterwards, we went to Hodak's, a little restaurant/bar in S. City. They are famous for their Fried Chicken. I had a hamburger, Amy had a turkey burger. Nate had chicken strips though.

Got home and just hung at with Lynn for a while. Went to Schnucks last night to get the standard "milk and bread" to wait out the storm.

I have pictures below. Nate is sitting on some "sheep" in the garden. I guess he must have learned this move from his cousins cause this is how they show their sheep...

Later,
ShawGardenTrains A001


ShawGardenTrains A031

ShawGardenTrains A008

ShawGardenTrains A030

No comments: