Thursday, June 26

221 steps

I have the day off so I took Nate over to Creve Couer park and we played at the corporate area #1. There was a stair case over in the corner of the trees that we decided to go down. Turned out it was 221 steps DOWN the bluff to the other part of the park (where the lake is). Once we got down there, Nate insisted on staying. I finally coxed him to go back up the steps. One downer was there was a gal that was running up and down the steps and Nate would wave and say "Hi" to her repeatedly, but she had her IPod up so high (I could hear it), she didn't even notice. I just wish for the sake of my son's self esteem that people could smile or wave back at him. Then again, there is always the fear that maybe Nate is too friendly with strangers. Guess you have to strike a balance with it somehow.


Here's some pics that I took today. Nate has become quite the climber and he is able to get up some of the ladder and bar type stuff by himself. hasn't mastered the rock wall though..

CreveCouerParkfun 062608 026 (Medium)

CreveCouerParkfun 062608 055 (Medium)

CreveCouerParkfun 062608 029 (Medium)

CreveCouerParkfun 062608 027 (Medium)

Later,

No comments: