Thursday, September 11

Where were you???

Found this on NIchole's blog and Thought I would fill it out also...

Where were you???


Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster - January 28, 1986

I was in 6th Grade, I remember that Mr. Sparks came into the classroom and said that the Space shuttle blew up, and when somebody asked him again, he just said "It blew up!".


The Oklahoma City Bombing - April 19, 1995

I don't remember this one as much. I remember being at the BSU and Dot Parrott told me about it. Kind of worried me a little, since OK City was in close proximity to Rolla and they really didn't know who did it.


Princess Diana’s Death - August 31, 1997

I remember that we were heading back from a wedding in Rolla, I can't remember the guy's name, but he was the older guy that married the Comp Sci gal. they live in Denver know. His Dad owns the Sears in town. I remember that we were on I-44 coming back, and when I got back to my apartment, I remember signing on my terminal for work and checking out the news feeds (I guess I didn't want to check news.yahoo.com). I also remember the following week, Kate and I were in Rolla again, and she insisted on getting a hotel room so that we could watch the funeral. I remember the lady at the desk asking us if we wanted a wake up call, and I said that we don't intend to sleep, and they gave us that "we know what you're going to do" glance. It was embarrasing....



Attack on the Twin Towers - September 11, 2001

I remember getting up that day, I was running a little late to work (much like I sometimes did when I was single). Roommate Rich told me that a plane had run into the WTC, and we watched the footage on FoxNews for a while. When I saw the second plane, I thought I had better get into work. ON my way in, I was turning off Dorsett, I heard that the first tower had fallen. when I got to work, everyone was standing around the monitors. The NYSE and all exchanges were knocked out for a week. My sister and I were going to make a week's journey out east that week to discover our genealogical routes. I was still going to go afterwards, but my parent's finally discouraged me and talked some sense into me. I realize now it would have been a logistical nightmare. And probably the mood wouldn't have been that great. I was sent back home that day so that I could cover a late shift. I tried to get gas as I went in that night and everyone was making runs on the gas stations. I was able to fill up that night though.


Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster - February 1, 2003
Heard about this while driving to EFree on that Saturday morning to hang out with Vince Allred. He didn't believe me when I told him....


I'll add another....
July 16, 1999 John F. Kennedy Jr. Dies in Plane Crash,

This was another Saturday Morning. Met my sister at a bar that she was doing Karaoking at. I was going to meet Paul Haag later in the day.

Later

No comments: