Sunday, May 14

Castles


WEll, spent the weekend at the in-laws. Saturday was my nephew Ethan's birthday, so we went up to Springfield for that. He got a Playmobil King's Large Castle from the other grand parents. This was quite a task putting this thing. I spent about 3 hours putting the thing together with Josh. The end product is pretty impressive, but not exactly sturdy. Not when a 20 month old comes trampling over it.

I like the idea of Nate eventually getting into Knights and stuff. I will probably attempt at that time to build him a castle out of 3/4" board base and do some walls out of some solid material and maybe cut the bricks out by hand out of clay and then glue them together. That would be a great father-son project. I think my dad also built my other nephew Matthew a huge barn to hold all his tractors in. I would definitely need help with this from family to

Back in my roleplaying days, My cuz Brian and me bought a castle wall from the War Hammer set. It was pretty cool. Nate would've loved it, but Brian went and sold it on Ebay. Thanks Brian.

But then again, the boy may not ever be interested in medieval stuff. oh well.

later,

No comments: