Monday, April 9

PJL

That's Print Job Language. I've been using it a little at work. IT's a language that HP came up with to control print jobs (imagine that). apparently, you just take your byte stream from the print job and "wrap" it in the PJL, and you can tell the printer what to do with your print job. Well, I got a hold of a task at work where I'm supposed to print a document duplex (a printing press equipped to print both sides of a sheet in one pass.). So, I wrapped my bitstream in the PJL and on the first try, VOILA!, I had a duplex document. I was pretty excited about that. I thought I was going to print out a thousand sheets of paper with control characters on top. Good Thing I didn't.

Well, this weekend was Lynn and I's 4th wedding anniversary. we went to Springfield, IL, to celebrate. Got a hotel room at the Fairfield by Marriott. They had an indoor pool so we enjoyed that along with some kids for a while. Easter day we spent with Lynn's family at her brother's church. I took the picture of Nate in the previous post while there. IT was pretty cool.

Lynn just got home from BSF so I need to go. Gotta get the answers for my own study tomorrow night.

Later,

No comments: