Wednesday, October 17

My dreams are missing me....



I can't sleep.... I was woke up at 2:30 by Jackson milling around in the kitchen. We caught him a couple of weeks ago getting into some chicken bones that were left on the counter and I thought that he might be into the brats that were left out (Lynn assured me they were put back into the fridge). Otherwise, can't sleep.. I think I am anticipating getting up at 5 to go to the Y too much. Could happen.

I took Nate to the Zoo yesterday. He had a blast. We only got to see about 7 animals up close. I let him control the day and he decided to walk up near the entrance where there were not any animals. He got to ride on the train, also. That made his day. got yelled at by the grumpy conductor though cause he wouldn't sit down when the train wanted to start. guess I can't blame them, they work with rowdy kids all day long. We only stayed about 2 hours and then left. Came back home for lunch and then I took him to the Mills Mall and let him play with the Thomas Table in the toy store.

My sister came by that Night and we got to meet Wilson, her new pot belly pig. It's a squealy thing. Nate didn't think much of it. I think he warmed up a little bit to it near the end, but I'm not putting down any money yet. It's going to take a lot of work for that pig to calm down and I don't know if we'll feel comfortable with Nate being around it for quite some time....

In other news, some nights, Lynn will put leggings on Nate instead of pajama pants to keep him warm. Sunday night, I was put in charge of bedtime and I put his leggings on him. Don't think I did it right, because as you can see in the picture. Looks like he is wearing ankle warmers.... Oh well.

Don't know why can't sleep. I did go to the eye doctor today and got exam for new prescription. Got dilated which gave me a headache and blurred the vision big time. Also got the air puff glaucoma test. My eyes have taken quite the abuse today. Chose new frames that have the memory metal feature. Thought that would be good for an over active 2 year old in the house. The other day, Nate took my older glasses, one ear piece in each hand, and bent them out to a straight line. They don't quite fit the same as they used to, but they are my old glasses, so isn't too big a deal.

Going to the Transportation Museum today, hope to get more pictures to share with you all then what I got for the Zoo. It's hard to get pictures of a 2 year old....

Later,

No comments: