Friday, February 15

Confluence



In 1804, Meriwether Lewis and William Clark began their journey up the Missouri River at the confluence of the two great rivers of North America, the Missouri and Mississippi. Today, visitors can watch as the Big Muddy and Mighty Mississippi merge into one at Edward "Ted" and Pat Jones - Confluence Point State Park.



So that is where we all ended up today. I took Nate up with my sis and Mr. Dave. It was funny cause I kept talking about it and my sister had no idea what it actually was.

I got a couple of pictures of Nate standing there. in the first you can see Nate standing at the acutual confluence point. The Missouri is on his Left, Mississippi on the Right. There is a lot more ice coming from the Mississippi side. Missouri was a lot more calmer.

Confluence 012

It was a little windy out there and cold, so My sister gave Nate her gloves to wear. He looked a little ridiculous with them on...
Confluence 014


Here's an aerial view of the confluence from the MO State Parks website:


Later,

No comments: