Sunday, March 9

Cracking Up!!!

Last Friday night, Lynn and I tried out a new group at Grace Church. It's called Parents of Young Children. The subject for the night was Prayer, and the leader had us put into several smaller groups and pray. Well, we got put into a group and we all talked for 20 minutes about ourselves (we were in a group with another new couple, so there was some get to know you time). We then shared some requests and started to pray out loud. We were praying for some families that had a recent lost and new jobs and stuff for people. Then, out of the blue, this gal prays, "I know this is a strange request, but I pray for the Easter Egg Hunt". I don't know why, it was just so funny at that time, the whole group cracked up.

Afterwards, Lynn and I talked about how we liked the realness of everybody. Haven't had that in quite sometime. I think we will enjoy this new group.

Another thing yesterday, A co-worker and I went to the Fantasy Shop for their Quarterly Gaming Auction. I've been looking for some books and thought this would be a good source for them. I never imagined. I spent over $200 on stuff, but I hope to be able to sell enough of the smaller lots to make that up. It was a unique experience, for the fact that the "gamers" are a different breed. There was a lot of self deprecating humor by the auctioneer, who happened to be the overall owner of the Shops here in St. Louis. One moment he held up a set of books written by Gary Gygax, he requested a moment of silence for him (he died this week). Got a good giggle out of everybody. So, I'm in pretty good spirits right now, had a great weekend.

Today, we met some of our friends from Efree for a birthday party at the mall. It was okay, didn't really talk to anybody, guess that is why I personally am looking for a new church group. West County... OH well. I gotta be going. My sister has threatened to come by this afternoon so we need to get things done...

Later,

No comments: