Sunday, June 22

Derivatives

One of our big things to do with Nate lately is sidewalk chalk on the driveway. I go out with him and ask him what he wants me to draw, and I'll draw it to the best of my ability. I always get a request for Snoopy. He also likes me to trace his Feet. It's inevitable though that that night, it rains, and we have to start all over again.

We've been also practicing his letters and numbers with the chalk. I wrote all the letters all over the driveway and I send him out looking for them individually. He's pretty good at it, confuses the W and M though. Well, how do you really tell the difference?

Today, I was going through the shapes with him and decided to draw a "right triangle" (you put a square in the corner that represents the angle that is 90 degrees). That got me on a role so I started drawing circles and showing Nate how you calculate the Area and the Circumference. Also got into doing cylinders. He didn't quite get it.

It did get me interested in some of the old Calculus I used to do in college, so I went into the basement and dug out an old Calculus book. I never really understood some of the introductory stuff in college. I'm the type that likes to jump right into it, and the first chapters are always about the theory behind it and stuff. It amazes me that they thought this all up back in the 1600's with Newton and all. Pretty smart guys. And the fact that it is still the same truths today. Guess that points to an intelligent design of some sort to the universe.

In Nate news, I took him to Aldi's today to get some Milk. we spend $2.80 a gallon. I guess that is cheap. Lynn has said that she would like to go there to pick up some stuff. From what I could tell, it seemed to be a lot cheaper that Schnucks, but I'm afraid they don't have pesto. Oh well.

We are hoping to head out of town on Wednesday to head up home to my parent's. This is all contingent on a certain things NOT happening.

On the babies front, everything still seems to be fine. Lynn is still tired a lot. Tomorrow she has a checkup with the O.B. and guess we'll know little if anything more from that.

Later,

No comments: