Saturday, November 1

halloween '08

Well, Nate had a grand ole time last night doing Trick or Treats. He was pretty brave in walking up to the houses by himself and knocking on the doors, but was a little confused on saying "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You".

On Thursday night we did the annual pumpkin carving:
pumpkins08 002 (Medium)

From left to right they are: Nate's pumpkin ( I showed him some template's and he chose the Cat, not one of the easier ones), Mine ( it's the tin woodman) and Lynn's.

Here's a closeup of my cat:
pumpkins08 003 (Medium)

So then, Last night My sister Amy and Mr. Dave came by to help me take Nate out Tricks or Treats. Lynn stayed home to pass out candy (she got to take him to downtown St. Charles to get some candy).

Nate dressed up as Thomas the Tank Engine (there was another kid following us that had the same costume, but didn't have the Thomas bucket).
Halloween08 005 (Medium)

Mr. Dave dressed up as the Fat Controller, although he said that he looked more like Rich Uncle Pennybags (It's the buy from the game Monopoly).
Halloween08 014 (Medium)

Amy Dressed as the Purple Grape of the Fruit of a Loom Guys: She got the most comments of the three.
Halloween08 016 (Medium)

Alas, I didn't dress up though. Maybe next year....

Later,

3 comments:

The Burroughs said...

We told Kai that if he said "Trick or treat, smell my feet" he wouldn't get any candy. So then we would say it just around the house and he would get all worked up over it. Kai was a Nascar Driver. Levi was Tigger. Adam was a salesman and I was a frazzled mother of two kids.

The Burroughs said...

I can see by your feedjit thing that I am clearly your most interested friend as I am arriving on your blog more than any other locale. I stole your idea and put that feedjit thing on my blog.

Jason Starbuck said...

Yeah, I like to look at the feedjit feed and see how people are getting to my blog. It's interesting some of the google searches that lead people to my blog. I'll have to have a post on that again later.